|Course Date||Exam Date||Venue||Availability||Booking|
|(various dates available to suit) Please call 01782 976555||Stoke-on-Trent||PLACES AVAILABLE|
Course DescriptionThe AM2 Test is a 2.5 day assessment designed for individuals who wish to qualify as an electrician. The AM2 assessment is a mandatory unit of the NVQ 3 Diploma (City & Guilds 2357) completed by all apprentice electricians and is also a required unit of the JIB Mature Candidate Assessment scheme NVQ 3 (City & Guilds 2356-99). Please Note: Costs for AM2 assessments will increase annually.
Successful completion of the AM2 helps to demonstrate that candidates have reached a level of competence in the following key occupational areas:
- Risk assessments and health and safety
- Safe isolation
- The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams
- Planning and preparing to install, terminate and connect identified wiring systems
- Installing, terminating and connecting identified wiring systems
- Inspection, testing and certification
- Fault diagnosis and correction of electrical faults
- The understanding and application of industry recognised procedures, working practices and the requirements of statutory and non-statutory regulations.
During the main installation you will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test and commission:
- A three-phase distribution board and sub-circuit
- A three-phase Direct-on-Line Motor circuit
- Single phase lighting and power circuits
- A central heating/sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data-cabling system
The AM2 self assessment document in our resources area will help you to understand the skills that you will need and identify any refresher training that you may need.
Section A1 – Safe Working Practices (45 mins)
Section A2 – Lighting Circuit and Ring Final Circuit (2 hours 15 mins)
Section A3 – SWA and Motor Circuit (2 hours 15 mins)
Section A4 – Central Heating (2 hours)
Section A5 – Bonding, Data and Safety Circuit FP200 (2 hours)
Section B – Inspection and Testing (3.5 hours)
Section C – Fault Diagnosis Safe Isolation (30 mins)
Section D – Fault Diagnosis, Location and Rectification (2 hours)
Section E – Online Multiple Choice Examination (1 hour)
Frequently Asked Questions
Jon joined Midlands Electricity Board as an apprentice electrician. Working as an electrician for many years, he specialised in the security industry, installing CCTV, door entry systems, intruder, and fire alarms. Jon's final years at the MEB were as a Project Engineer.
In 2003, Jon took the opportunity to join a training provider to work as a Training Advisor/Assessor supporting apprentice electricians. Jon has worked in the training industry since that time.