Job Reference ID: SV2604
Apprenticeships Liaison Officer
Would you describe yourself as a people person, a good communicator, empathetic and with a desire to see people succeed.
If the answer is yes, you are just what we are looking for.
Due to the successful growth of our apprenticeship division, we are looking for the right person to join our team.
We are the largest electrical training provider in North Staffordshire providing a full range of courses to electrical contractors as well
as courses for people joining the industry. A large part of the training we provide is to electrical apprentices. This year we will see the
numbers of apprentices that we train and assess grow to around 130 individuals.
The Apprenticeships Liaison Officer will be responsible for supporting and monitoring the progress of the apprentices through the 1st and
2nd years of their four year apprenticeship. This will involve meeting with apprentices and their employers both in centre and on site on a
regular 3 month cycle.
To undertake this role you do not require electrical qualifications. The role would suit somebody with a strong ICT and admin background
along with good customer service.
Essential attributes for the successful candidate will be:
- A willingness to learn new skills
- A desire to work to high standards
- Well organised
- An empathy with students
- Good communication skills
- Ability to complete work within set deadlines
- A flexible working approach
- A desire to see people progress and achieve at their chosen career
As the position will include working with children (16-18 year olds), applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening. This
will include checks with past employers and enhanced checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As travel will be required between the centre, work sites and employer premises, the successful candidate will require a full driving
licence and have access to a car.
Working hours and salary for this position will be agreed in line with the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
The post of Apprenticeships Liaison Officer with Rebus Training Ltd is a permanent post working 39 hours per week. Working hours will
normally be within the hours of 8.30 am to 5.00 pm, however on occasion it may be necessary to work evenings.
Training will be given for this role initially in the form of on-the-job training followed by vocational/professional qualifications that
may be required. Where external training courses are used, this will be subject to a Rebus Training agreement.
Aim of Role
To support the apprentice through the first years of their apprenticeship making sure they are working in a safe environment, remain on
target and strive to achieve to the highest standard. You will be the main point of contact for the employer and as such, make sure the
employer is fully informed with all aspects of the apprenticeship including performance, attendance, and progression.
By accurately completing documentation and maintaining tracking systems on time you will ensure compliance with the government funding
You will develop professional relationships with employers and promote Rebus Training thereby helping to grow the business. This will ensure
Rebus is their No1 choice for electrical training.
- Identifying opportunities with Employers for new apprentices
- Enrol applicants onto the apprenticeship
- Managing a caseload of apprentices
- Undertaking apprentice progress reviews
- Agree and amend individual learning plans
- Monitoring Employer health and safety compliance
- Supporting apprentices throughout their apprenticeship
- Compliance with safeguarding requirements
- Promote British values
- Correctly complete and submit company documentation accurately and on a timely basis
- Comply with all Rebus Training Ltd policies and procedures
- Any other tasks appropriate to the position of Apprenticeships Liaison Officer
- This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period
- The post will be subject to annual appraisal in line with company procedures.
Reporting to: The Apprenticeship’s Manager
To apply for this role please contact Fern Bell on 01782 976555 . For details on our application process please read our Application
and recruitment process