Job Reference ID: SV3006
It is 11.00am on the 21st November, a typical cold damp day. You find yourself in a warm comfortable training room with a hot
cup of tea in your hand. The teacher is presenting the subject with confidence and the whole class is listening attentively. Only
yesterday you were working on a building site first fixing new offices. The wind howling through the openings where the windows have yet
to be installed, chilling you to the bone. Over the years you have built up a wealth of experience and knowledge and often thought
it would be great to share that knowledge and experience with future generations. You think to yourself, a career in teaching would be
great, working in the same warm location, getting a sense of achievement when you see students’ progress and not to mention the feeling
you get from the feedback given by the students when they pass. In the back of your mind, you wonder if you would have the knowledge or
confidence to stand up and talk to a group of students
This is what our tutor Simon has to say.
Why did you decide to go into teaching?
I started doing in house teaching within a company I worked for and found I really enjoyed it. I decided then that as a career path
this was going to be the one that I would like to take.
What do you enjoy most about the role?
When I am able to explain something out of the ordinary to someone and you can see they understand it, that is a great feeling.
Were you nervous about teaching to a class for the first time?
My first group were engineers within the company I worked for, that was a tough lesson, during my time at Rebus I have found teaching
classes to be a great pleasure. All the other tutors are always on hand with tips and hints when needed.
With the vacancies at Rebus Training now is the right time to explore the opportunity to become a teacher.
If you would like to talk to somebody who done just that, ask for Jon for an open honest conversation to see if this could be the right
choice for you.
About Rebus Training and the job vacancy
Rebus Training is North Staffordshire's largest specialist electrical training provider. We currently train and assess over 130
Electrical Apprentices and offer a wide range of electrical courses to contractors, electricians and those wishing to train as an
We now have an exciting opportunity to join our electrical training team. The job role is varied and will include practical
training/assessment of students across a number of qualifications within our workshop environment.
Essential attributes for the successful candidate will be:
- A willingness to learn new skills and work with new technologies
- A desire to work to high standards
- An empathy with students
- A flexible working approach
- A broad range of experience within commercial/industrial installations
- Qualified Electrician status in the industry (NVQ 3, 18th Edition, JIB/ECS etc.)
As the position will include working with children (16-18 year olds), applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening.
This will include checks with past employers and enhanced checks with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Previous training and assessment experience is not essential as full training can be arranged. As some travel may be required between
delivery sites, the successful candidate will require a full driving licence and have access to a car.
Working hours and salary for this position will be agreed in line with the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
The post of Electrical Trainer with Rebus Training Ltd is a permanent post working 39 hours per week. Working hours will normally be
within the hours of 8.30 am to 5.00 pm however trainers may be required to cover an evening class.
Training will be given for this role initially in the form of on-the-job training followed by vocational/professional qualifications that
may be required. Where external training courses are used, for example, to gain a training qualification, this will be subject to a Rebus
Aim of Role
- To develop and deliver primarily practical training to electrical apprentices
- To deliver short training sessions to commercial customers
- To provide support to the teaching and assessment team
- To promote Rebus Training and build strong customer relations.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop training materials
- Plan practical delivery in accordance with awarding organisation requirements
- Compliance with safeguarding requirements
- Promote British values
- Deliver effective practical training
- Manage and maintain stores and equipment
- Ensure and maintain good standards of health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Ensure and monitor progress with learners
- Correctly complete and submit company documentation on a timely basis
- Comply with all Rebus Training Ltd policies and procedures
- Any other tasks appropriate to the position of Electrical Trainer
- This post is subject to a 6 month probationary period
- The post will be subject to annual appraisal in line with company procedures.
The Training Manager
To apply for this role please contact us on 01782 976555 . For details on our application process please read our Application
and recruitment process