|Course Date||Exam Date||Venue||Availability||Booking|
|Please call 01782 976555 for our next available course dates||PLACES AVAILABLE|
Course DescriptionThe AM2E is a 2.5 day assessment for experienced workers who are completing the Experienced Worker Assessment.
Please Note: Please Note: Costs for AM2 assessments will increase annually.
Successful completion of the AM2E helps to demonstrate that candidates have reached a level of competence in the following key occupational areas:
- Risk assessments and health and safety
- Safe isolation
- The interpretation of specifications, drawings and diagrams
- Planning and preparing to install, terminate and connect identified wiring systems
- Installing, terminating and connecting identified wiring systems
- Inspection, testing and certification
- Fault diagnosis and correction of electrical faults
- The understanding and application of industry recognised procedures, working practices and the requirements of statutory and non-statutory regulations.
During the main installation you will be expected to install, terminate, connect, inspect, test and commission:
- A three-phase distribution board and sub-circuit
- A three-phase Direct-on-Line Motor circuit
- Single phase lighting and power circuits
- A central heating/sustainable energy system
- A safety services circuit and device
- A data-cabling system
Section A1 – Safe Working Practices (45 mins)
Section A2 – Lighting Circuit and Ring Final Circuit (2 hours 15 mins)
Section A3 – SWA and Motor Circuit (2 hours 15 mins)
Section A4 – Central Heating (2 hours)
Section A5 – Bonding, Data and Safety Circuit FP200 (2 hours)
Section A6 - Containment (1.5 hours)
Section B – Inspection and Testing (3.5 hours)
Section C – Fault Diagnosis Safe Isolation (30 mins)
Section D – Fault Diagnosis, Location and Rectification (2 hours)
Section E – Online Multiple Choice Examination (1 hour)
Frequently Asked Questions
Jon completed an electrical apprenticeship with Midlands Electricity Board (MEB). After qualifying and working as an electrician for a number of years he specialised in the security industry, installing systems including CCTV, door entry systems, intruder and fire alarms. After progressing to Project Engineer Jon took the opportunity of a complete change in career and moved into training.
Jon has worked in training since 2003 and is now responsible for Quality Assurance, Training Delivery and AM2 Centre Management.
Jon still plays an active role in delivery and specialises in:
- City & Guilds 2382 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- City & Guilds 2391 Inspection and Testing
- City & Guilds 2396 Design, Erection & Verification
Jon prides himself on going the extra mile to support his learners with his relaxed and friendly approach.
Kevin has years of industry experience having completed an electrical apprenticeship with a local council and subsequently worked in a variety of roles at a large housing association.
During his career Kevin has completed a wide range of electrical and H&S qualifications and has supported the development of electrical apprentices in recent years.
Kevin is the main AM2 Instructor for our NET Approved AM2 centre which opened in 2016.