About this course…
The City & Guilds 2377-77 qualification is the recognised industry qualification for Portable Appliance Testing.
Throughout this 3 day course, you will be guided through the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical
Equipment. The course concentrates on this publication through explanation, worked examples and practical ‘hands-on’ tuition.
The course covers the following aims and objectives:
- Understand the definitions used within the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management and maintenance of electrical equipment
- Understand the electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
Understand the equipment construction classes and methods of protection within an electrical installation and how these relate to the
provision of protection against electric shock
- Understand the procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how to carry out combined inspection and testing
- Understand the information that needs to be recorded following in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is aimed at those with responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment and for those undertaking practical
inspection and testing of electrical equipment. It allows those with the responsibility for the testing and inspection of electrical
equipment to gain a qualification suitable to their job role.
If you are new to the electrical industry, it can help you find employment, or you may look to create your own portable appliance
- City & Guilds registration, assessment and certification fees
- Course notes and free IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment book hire
- Use of Seaward 100, Seaward 250 and Kewtech PAT equipment
- A unique and friendly learning environment!
Course entry requirements?
City & Guilds cannot accept any registrations for candidates under 18 as these qualifications are not approved for under 18s.