About this course.
Aimed at experienced electricians this course will give you an overview of the wide range of equipment and systems available for this type
of specialised installation. The 2921-31 course covers charging points in domestic and small commercial locations.
You will be guided through the IET code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation through worked examples, job based
scenarios and discussion.
Key learning outcomes for this course are:
- key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- know different types and features of electric vehicle charging equipment
- be able to design an installation for electric vehicle charging equipment
- understand requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment and circuits
- understand the use of vehicles as electrical energy storage systems as part of prosumer’s installations
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification aims to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on Electric Vehicle charging
- FREE hire of IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
- All City & Guilds fees – no hidden costs!
- A unique an friendly learning environment!
Course entry requirements?
This course is intended for practicing electricians, that are a minimum of 18 years old and must hold one of the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable
Equivalent historical qualifications (see EAS Table 4B/4C) EAS Qualifications guide December 2020 (theiet.org)
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card
The qualifications above must have been achieved no more than 5 years prior to starting this qualification or there must be evidence the
candidate has remained current by completing relevant CPD such as a City and Guilds 2382 or equivalent.
After completing this course you may wish to consider:
- City & Guilds 2391 Level 3 Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2396-01 Level 4 Design and Verification