Safer Internet Day – Tuesday 9th February 2021
What is Safer Internet Day?
Safer Internet Day is an event, organised by the UK Safer Internet Centre, which aims to promote safe, responsible and positive use of internet technology.
The main goal of Safer Internet Day is to raise awareness and start a conversation about internet safety. One company cannot make the internet wholly safe, but lots of people working together can have a big impact. Its aim is to make a safer and better internet for everyone, especially children and young people.
Top Tips for Internet Safety
Staying safe on the internet is a vital part of modern technology use. Here are our top tips to staying safe.
- Make sure you choose strong passwords for your secure information.
- Keep your privacy settings high to ensure your security.
- Ensure you’re up to date with all the latest security software.
- Remember to be as vigilant on your mobile as your desktop or laptop.
- Don’t click on links you don’t trust.
You can also visit the below sites for more information on staying safe while using the internet.